-->


Winter Wonderland

Late Merry Christmas//Happy Holidays!!!! I hope everyone enjoyed/is still enjoying there holidays!
This past Saturday Toronto was hit with a massive ice storm, it took a huge toll on the city and unfortunately 300,000 people were/are currently without power.
My family being one of them. Worst part is my house is the only one on the street without power so no one can even notice that we don't have power.
The tree infront of our house froze and knocked down our power line, it's actually pretty dangerous and was hanging out in the road for several days.
Our house still does not have power and we've pretty much given up on Toronto/Ottawa/All of the Hydro people doing anything at this point.
Yes, they have fixed over 150,000 peoples electricity but decided they would not work on individual calls and only mass ones, which obviously make sense but when it's seriously freezing outside and it is the christmas/winter holidays it kinda made the ten thousand rants my dad threw at me about how "we should have the hydro underneath the ground, the city has not helped at all and doesn't care if everyones freezing to death, and pretty much how canada is not a developed country in his eyes" more considerable. I don't agree with everything he said but I definitely think there would have been ways this could have been avoided, and after seeing such a critical hit it took on the city and much more could have been done.
We even saw many hydro trucks on christmas eve within walking distance from our house fixing a set of dangerous wires on the ground and we practically begged them to fix our house or if they knew when it would be fixed and they we're just assholes.
Anyways our family is mostly pretty tough, and we toughened it out and stayed in our frozen home it was pretty bad and we're all really sick at this point but we're mostly together.
Luckily our water pipes in my house were freezing(and about to burst) so we had to set up a generator!!!!! Which meant that we got heat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! glorious heat!!!!!!!!!
It's only 3000 watts but it's enough for the heat, the internet, two lamps, and a few outlets for charging. 
At this point that's amazing enough for me!
I never realized how easily I took those things for granted; electricity, heat, food and water.
All those things were expected and without them it's been pretty hard.
Even though the holidays haven't been the greatest time i'm so incredibly thankful for my amazing boyfriend, our family who toughens it out together, all the silly memories i'll have of this ice storm and everything else that's been great in my life.
Anyways since we got partial power back on last night, Jayson and I decided to head downtown today to do some boxing day shopping~~~*~~*~~*~*~
We went to the hectic Eaton Centre and only hit up a few stores but oh boy we're the sales amazing!!!
Urban Outfitters and H&M had the best sales(50% off sales, and buy one get one free whoop whoop)!!! Bought a ton of cute cheap things yay! ^_______^
What was your best purchases for boxing day?
What are you thankful for this holiday?




everything was frozen solid it was like being in a winter wonderland!



  • My Little Pony beanie  H&M
  • sweater, leggings, leather shorts Forever21
  • Purse Urban Outfitters
  • Shoes Thrift



On the left is the dangling wire that's hanging in front of my house, my dad became desperate enough to see if he could attempt at reconnecting it himself... Fortunately we don't have a big enough ladder to reach.

Christine Song makes the best everything, AND the money went to a good cause! #xmascookies4haiyan
These two things kept me sane during the early already dark evenings(sunset is around 4:30pm).
Also found this book and I was seriously dead the whole time reading it, toooo funny! I've started reading her blog since getting internet back, Allie is just too relate-able and hilarious.

1 comment: